About Earl C. Wallace
Earl C. Wallace wrote The Three-Dimensional Leader: Negotiating Your Mission, Resources and Context after more than 30 years of ministry as a worship leader, youth group leader, elder, board member, local preacher, conference speaker, and interim pastor. He helped three churches to experience significant growth, with one doubling, one tripling and one quintupling in size.
Scroll down for more details.
years of professional experience in leadership roles
years experience as a leadership consultant
years experience as a volunteer in local churches
years of part-time paid consulting with church leadership
Teacher, Author, Consultant, Leader
Earl C. Wallace is a developer and presenter of biblically based books, lessons, presentations and sermons, which he honed during a 14 year period of teaching week-long Bible camps each summer.
He is a life-long student of Biblical leadership and the author of The Three-Dimensional Leader: Negotiating Your Mission, Resources and Context, which is based on the leadership styles and organizational outcomes revealed in the book of Judges.
Earl is an inventor of youth worship ministries called “The Grace Escape Worship Team,” which operates in two local churches. Earl has engendered contemporary worship and blended worship ministries in four churches, and has supported pastors and worship leaders to do the same in about a dozen other churches. He has served as a church deacon, board member, worship leader, Sunday school teacher (adult and youth) and local preacher in denominations that span from Baptist, Christian Missionary Alliance, Independent, Nazarene and Pentecostal.
Earl has the spiritual gifts of administration and leadership, preaching-teaching, music (guitar)/worship, evangelism, and mercy. He often has been used of God to encourage volunteers to serve, inspire them to pull together as a team and rally them around a compelling mission to achieve what they did not think was possible!
Both Earl’s secular professional career and his part-time paid and volunteer Christian service will testify that he is a strategically creative thinker, and a detailed, methodical and problem-solving leader who achieves organizational objectives by adapting quickly to provide structure where ambiguity exists to resolve existing challenges while positioning the organization to take advantage of emerging opportunities.
Earl has a Masters Degree in Business Administration (Executive MBA) from the State University of New York at Albany, and a B.A. in English (with a Minor in secondary-level education) from Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
4 years as Worship Leader (Part Time), Carmen Road Christian Missionary Alliance Church, Schenectady, NY
- Select music and lead worship on Sunday mornings, and at special services and events. Also have fulfilled pulpit ministry twice in my first month of service with this rebounding congregation.
4-1/2 years as Church Growth & Ministry Development Consultant (Part Time), Bridge Christian Church, Rotterdam, NY
- Provide leadership sermons and seminars to put the church on a stable growth trajectory. Led the development of a second worship team. Preached at weekend and taught at mid-week services.
1 year as Worship Leader (Part Time), North Hills Christian Church Scotia, NY
- Selected music and organized, trained and rehearsed musicians and singers during weekly rehearsals and lead worship on Sunday mornings, and at special services and events. Wrote, organized and provided musical accompaniment for Children’s Christmas program.
- Provided administrative direction to help the church achieve Christ’s mission. Assisted the church to contemporize its worship services to reach unbelievers and Christians needing a worship experience they feel is relevant and meaningful to them.
- Helped the church to determine its mission, vision and values by working with the Pastor and leaders to organize a retreat/summit during September 2008. This day long event provided teaching on church organizational theories, and solicited feedback from participants during numerous breakout sessions. Their responses formed the church’s strategic plan which later was organized into process steps the congregation is undertaking to fulfill its role in Christ’s Great Commission.
- Helped the church to understand how to empower the gifts within their members so the organization functions as a robust Body of Christ.
- Developed Church Merger Plan. Developed the strategic plan for the North Hills Christian Church and the First Baptist Church of Scotia to merge.
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
5 years at Grace Fellowship Church (volunteer ministry leader) Latham, NY
- Invented a music ministry philosophy for kids and implemented a strategy to lead and engage 3rd – 6th graders with music that speaks their spiritual language and transitions them from upbeat and kinetic praise into a mature style quiet, meditative, reflective worship.
- Organized two worship teams (rock bands) to engage children by playing kid-centric music. Attended conferences to obtain inspiration and materials. Wrote songs and reconfigured songs to speak to children from the “kidz-zone,” which is in language and imagery they readily relate to, experience and enjoy in their daily culture.
- Introduced and trained approximately 35 adults, teen and youth musicians and singers to participate in leading Christian worship ministry through the pursuit of initiatives that ensured the next generation of worship leaders received mentoring. Coordinated with the adult worship leader to train, nurture and encourage musicians who were not quite ready for the main sanctuary worship teams. Facilitated adult worship team participants to work with inexperienced musicians and singers in the youth worship setting to provide on-the-job ministry training. (Some former trainees now either are on the Grace Fellowship adult or teen center worship teams and several lead worship or participate on other church worship teams.)
- Conducted periodic training and appreciation meetings to enhance the experiences of the volunteer workforce which put in numerous hours per week to rehearse and provide ministry at two Sunday morning services.
- Periodically led worship at the adult worship services and participated on the adult worship team.
- Preached at three weekend services: The Divine Decalogue for Dynamic Decency (a book I am writing on how Western civilization has prospered by following the Ten Commandments)
- Conducted a training program to 150 leaders called The Three Levels of Leadership – Lessons from the Book of Judges. This seminar formed the basis of my book The Three-Dimensional Leader.
- Led small group Bible study for two different groups, one in Schenectady/Niskayuna and neighborhood and one in Clifton Park, NY which included all the adult worship leaders at the church.
- Men’s Ministry Small Group Leader.
- Volunteer Services Ministry Member, focus was on developing healthy, dynamic church leaders and teams.
15 years serving in various volunteer roles including Deacon, Music Committee Chairman, Contemporary Worship Leader, Faith Baptist Church, Rexford, NY
- As chair of the music committee started the Contemporary Worship Service. Led that service on guitar for three years.
- Taught a Marriage Seminar for a semester of the adult Sunday School program
- Wrote Christian music and formed a Christian band called “Earl Wallace and The Flood” and ministered music in churches, camps, prisons, youth festivals, TV shows. Produced a CD of nine original songs.
- Led worship for youth and teens at Sunday school and mid-week meetings.
- Led worship for children Sunday mornings and at Friday night AWANA programs with my band “The Flood.”
- Assistant Director Junior Choir ministry, involved weekly rehearsals and three full-length musical productions annually. We performed twice at the Empire State Performing Arts Center
- As a deacon, I led the initiative to re-write the church constitution to administer the congregation in ways that were more intuitive with their contemporary expectations.
- Participated as a choir member for one year.
- Conducted prison ministry with my band, The Flood.” We got trained, finger printed and certified as New York State Department of Corrections volunteers for the purpose of providing Christian evangelistic concerts that included a seminar I developed called “Sex Drugs and Rap’n’Roll vs. Love, Peace and Joy.” In addition to distributing more than 100 Bibles, a ministry highlight was that Hale Creek prison shut down the facility one Saturday night and more than 1,200 inmates had to attend our event, and dozens raised their hands in commitment to Christ, but because of the nature of the event, however, we could provide no follow up.
14 years as Summer Christian Camp & Conference Bible Teacher & Worship Leader
- Used 2-3 weeks vacation time per summer and taught Bible and led worship at Lakeside Christian Camp in Massachusetts and at Sacandaga Bible Conference, Broadalbin, NY
- Provided at least one special concert each session with my band “Earl Wallace & The Flood”
Adult & Teen Worship Leader and Leader of Christian Band “Ezra”
4 years as a volunteer at Grace Community Church, Burnt Hills, NY
- Attended video Bible school courses, and studied scripture from approximately 11pm – 2:00 am three nights a week.
- Alternated providing devotional preaching-teaching at Sunday morning and mid-week church services. Alternated teaching Bible to teens at Friday night meetings.
- Organized alternating worship teams for Sunday morning and mid-week services; selected songs (both contemporary and traditional); led a rehearsal of musicians and singers who participated on rotation.
- Wrote Christian folk music and traveled throughout Upstate NY and Vermont, ministering in churches, camps and crusades, TV shows, and auditioned and played Saratoga’s famed Café Lena and Albany’s 8th Step coffee houses several times—ministering only Christian music.
- Participated for three years as a solo artist in Saratoga Springs’ Annual Phila St. Folk Music Festival, during the August Racing Season.
4 years as a volunteer in various roles including Adult Worship Leader, Teen Worship & Youth Group Leader, Board Member, Grace Church of the Nazarene, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Participated as the youngest board member (and first African-American) in the church’s history. With the pastor, developed a church growth strategy and assisted the church to grow from 35 Sunday attendees to approximately 120 in 18 months!
- Entered the Nazarene Church’s “Local Preacher Program” involving study and preaching and teaching. Preached 2 – 4 Sunday services each year. Routinely accompanied the pastor on home visitations, and often shadowed everything else he did.
- Revitalized the church’s junior and senior high youth programs. Taught Bible to teens at Sunday school, mid-week services and at two weekend retreats a year.
- Co-sponsored an organization called Saratoga Christian Youth that consisted of monthly support meetings for nine Saratoga Springs church youth groups and leaders from AME Zion Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal and Presbyterian churches. Assisted each youth group with fund raising, and sponsored two retreats per year, one for junior high and one for senior high students, the goal of which was to bring all the Christian teens from the City together so they could fellowship, grow in Christ and support one another at school in their Christian walk and in evangelism.
- Began contemporary worship and anchored a contemporary worship band. Selected songs (both contemporary and traditional), led a rehearsal of musicians and singers and ministered during Sunday school and adult worship services on Sundays and at mid-week church meetings.
- Began writing Christian music and regularly provided original songs as special music during services.
- Provided outreach concerts throughout the City’s neighborhoods, in Congress Park and around Saratoga Springs with the pastor, who played keyboard and worship team members and musicians from other churches and Skidmore College, my alma mater.
- Also led worship on Friday and Sunday afternoons for a Saratoga County Jail ministry led by the evangelical pastor of a Pentecostal Church.
2 years as Adult Worship Leader, The Church at Turley Barracks, Mannheim, Germany
- After learning the guitar for four months, I was trained as the replacement worship leader, and pressed into Christian service two months later. Led rehearsals and worship at Sunday morning and mid-week worship services until honorably discharged from active military duty.